Stoner Gear

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Benjamim 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Benjamim
    Participant

Hi. I’m a guitarist from Portugal and i play in a stoner rock band that has yet to launch some music. I created this post to share gear that i like/have and i hope that you reply with gear that you like/have so we can help people with choosing new gear/give awareness to some gear.
    Currently my rig includes: an epiphone les paul traditional pro, an hall of fame reverb, a boss dd3 digital delay, an electro-harmonix eletric mistress deluxe flanger, a dunlop crybaby 535-Q wah wah pedal, a dwarfcraft devices necromancer fuzz, a clone of a zvex fuzz factory fuzz and a mooer baby tuner. Cheers

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Benjamim.

Acid Psychonaut

Cool idea! Well myself as I play no instruments my stoner gear includes my records (there are plenty were you can see the *unfinished* list here: https://www.discogs.com/user/Acid_Psychonaut/collection), my turntable a Thorens TD160 B MKii armed with a SME3009 and a cartridge from Stanton model 881s. Then the amplifier is a Marantz PM 6005 (replaced the old one I try to fix) and the speakers made by KLH model 355 “Baron”. I do have an acoustic guitar but it’s for friends to play when they are here ^_^

Benjamim
    Participant

Wish i had the money to invest in vinyl and a turntable. I have a CD collection but it’s not just stoner rock.

Acid Psychonaut

Well the system used to belong to my father (along with many records mainly from the 70’s) but I had to put lots of effort and money to fix them as they were collecting just dust for almost 20 years. But I guess if I was a musician most of the money would have been for instruments and everything that a musician need! I wish I would have the talent to create music ^_^

Benjamim
    Participant

Maybe you have the talent. Well i don’t believe it’s talent that you need. Personally i don’t feel i have any talent to create music. I think i’m just a little better than other people at playing with strange noises like a kid. That’s why i waste all my money on pedals to make new noises. I encourage you to go to a music shop and fiddle with an instrument and some pedals that make noises that you like. You may find out that you can do something beautiful.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Benjamim.

DesertDan
    Keymaster

Here’s my baby – she’s a Korean Fender I bought at my previous place of employment (a thrift store) for like $30
    Whoever owned it before me dropped in a couple Seymour Duncan open coil pickups, which I replaced with SD Phat Cat P90’s

No Title

No Description

Not sure what the model is, if anyone has any information I’d be stoked to find out!

As for my other gear, it’s not really worth mentioning. I just use a Line 6 Pod for the most part, and a crybaby wah with a pair of cheap combo amps (an Ibanez 15 watt and a Fender X brand 25 watt). I also own a wicked sexy Fender Squire jazz bass, a couple acoustics, and a Casio Privia digital piano, as well as a decent amount of VST’s/VSTi’s for synths and drums.

I spend most of my time on acoustic guitar in open tuning to be honest, trying to master the art of getting some half decent stoner rock live-sounding drums using Superior Drummer 2… as far as MIDI drums go it’s pretty fuckin awesome… but nothing can replace the sound of a mic’d drum kit in an acoustically treated room. That’s the dream, man.

Benjamim
    Participant

That guitar is really sexy 😮 Maybe it’s a jazzmaster from the cheaper series without trem. Doesn’t it have the serial number in the back of the headstock? Yeah real drums are so nice. I can only feel 100% inspired to write some music when i’m on rehearsal with my bandmates. The bass and drums really loud near you is the best feeling ever.

DesertDan
    Keymaster

Serial is 04099200, but Google turned out no results other than a range of manufacturing dates (1988-1996 I think it was). Maybe you can point me in the right direction 😀

and that is definitely true, I’m way overdue for a nice live jam sesh.

Benjamim
    Participant

DesertDan
    Keymaster

that’s where I found the manufacture date, but I’m still “fuzzy” on the model name heh heh

It’s definitely similar to a jazzmaster, but the body shape is slightly less rounded

Benjamim
    Participant

Maybe a mustang since it doesn’t have the pickup on/off thingies that the jaguar has

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.